Tuesday, February 2, 2010

The Fox Lorber

"The set arrived the other day and It does not appear to be a bootleg. The box is copyright 2005. Sinomovie logo is there along with the website. The bad news is that nothing is anamorphic and the pq quality is poor (more so on the FL films than the SM). The Fox Lorber films are likely from the same source but have different subtitles.

Before purchasing, HK flix told me they purchased these directly from Sinomovie. My guess is that they were never intended for retail and unloaded them to HK flix at a very low price and they are probably getting a good mark up at $60 a pop."


My set arrived today. I viewed each on my computer, comparing them with the Dvdbeaver snapshots. I absolutely agree with your assessment. As it stands, this is a reasonable way to get the collection, but the four films on discs 3 & 4 are very average, but seem to be taken from Fox Lorber prints. There aren't many options to get these films.

Worth getting it for the four films on the first two discs, but $40 would probably have been a fairer price. (I had credit to use up at Hkflix, so the pain wasn't so great)

My advice, check out the Dvdbeaver reviews before buying. That is pretty much what you are buying.

No comments:

Post a Comment